[mythtv-users] Help in playing hdtv

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Feb 11 20:22:17 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Juergen Sachs
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 12:06 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: [mythtv-users] Help in playing hdtv

Hi there,

I am running mythtv trunk version an try to get hdtv running smoothly. First
I have to say, that until running the trunk version (I had v0.20 fixes
before) hdtv livetv was impossible. Now it is playing, but with a
very "jittery" picture and skiped frames.

I do not know if it is a problem of my hardware configuration:
Gfx: GeForce 7300 SE with native nvidia driver
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6320  @ 1.86GHz
Ram: 2GB

So I think it is not too bad. But when I run "top" while playing a livetv I
see it is displaying about 100% till 140% for mythfrontend. So I guess I
reached the limits :-(

Mythfronend is running as a normal user.

So the question is if my hardware is not powerfull enough to play hdtv, or
if
I have to tweak my config.

Looking in the documentation did not show me a special configuration hint.

So maybe someone here has a similar config and can give me some advice ?

Thanks
Juergen

--
Jürgen Sachs