[mythtv-users] Shouldn't have bought an HDTV

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Mon Feb 11 19:22:05 UTC 2008

> Daniel Agar <daniel at agar.ca> writes:
>
>> I've been quite successful in capturing HD through a rogers STB in
>> Ontario
>> for the past 6 months. I get most of the big stations (including
>> american)
>> unencrypted through firewire.
>
> Can you tell us what city you are in?  I haven't heard of other success
> stories in Ontario, so I'm curious before I give it a try.  I'm in
> London, Ontario.
>
> Dan

I'm in Stratford, which falls under Kitchener/Waterloo for rogers. I'm
using an SA3250HD and the main HD channels I capture over firewire are

//CBC HD not available in ANY digital form over firewire including analog
channel 5
509 CJMTDT
515 CIIIDT
517 CFTODT
519 CITYDT
//ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX (not sure which is which)
527 WKBWDT
528 WIVBDT
529 WGRZDT
531 WUTVDT

The other channels in between are hit or miss, some digital SD versions of
comedy, bbc canada, discovery, showcase are available and much nicer than
analog.