[mythtv-users] Tuner Card Selection Weirdness

Bruce Taber brutab at verizon.net
Mon Feb 11 19:05:32 UTC 2008

Can anybody make any rational sense out of how the cards are selected
when using the 'Y' key on the latest version 15741 (from
atrpms-bleeding). The same behavior was seen on the previous version
(15447) as well.

Here is the cardinput table:
mysql> select cardinputid,cardid,displayname,preference,recpriority from
cardinput order by cardid;
+--------------+--------+----------------+--------------+-------------+
| cardinputid | cardid | displayname | preference | recpriority |
+--------------+--------+----------------+--------------+-------------+
|                1 |          1 | B1A1T1      |                0 |
          0 |
|                2 |          2 | B1A2T1      |                0 |
          0 |
|                8 |          3 | B2A1T1      |                0 |
         0 |
|                3 |          4 | B1HD0        |                0
|               0 |
|                4 |          5 | B1DVB0      |               0 |
         0 |
|                5 |          6 | B1HD1        |                0 |
           0 |
|                9 |          7 | B2A2T1      |                0 |
         0 |
|                6 |          8 | B1A3T1      |                0 |
         0 |
|                7 |          9 | B1A4T1      |                0 |
         0 |
+--------------+---------+---------------+--------------+-------------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

B1A{1,2,3,4}T1 are PVR-250 installed in primary back end
B1HD{0,1} are the tuners from an HDHomerun on the ethernet configured in
the primary back end
B1DVB0 is a pcHDTV5500 installed in primary back end
B2A{1,2}T1 are the tuners from a PVR-500 installed in a slave back end

With no recordings or other front ends running I am expecting to see the
card B1A4T1 come up initially
then B1A1T1, B1A2T1, B2A1T1, B1HD0, etc. The "Avoid conflicts between
live TV and scheduled shows" is set as well as the "Allow live TV to
move scheduled shows". It used to work so that the "Y" key selected the
tuners down the table in cardid order since that is how the tuners were
entered.

But what is seen instead is this order: B1A4T1, B1HD0 and then B1A1T1,
B1HD0. These last two are cycled between from then on. Exiting and
restarting livetv restarts this cycle again.
If there is another front end that is already using B1A4T1 the sequence
starts at B1A3T1, cycles to B1HD0, and then loops on B1A1T1 and B1HD0.
If there are recordings on B1A1T1, B1A2T1, and a front end on B1A4T1 the
sequence starts at B1A3T1, cycles to B1HD0, and then loops on B2A1T1 and
B1HD0.

When I entered the tuners in mythtv-setup there was no additional setup
done such as input groups or jockeying with priorities. I don't know if
I have failed to configure something else that is needed or if this is
the behavior that others are seeing as well.

Thanks,

Bruce