[mythtv-users] XBOX 360 - any successes?

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Feb 11 18:50:48 UTC 2008

> So the xbox will play xvid/divx avi. - is there a command line or
> transcoding script around that you know of that I could run in a cron job?

 I think there are a lot of people that setup user jobs that call nuvexport, but it's nothing I've really investigated myself.

> If I'm not mistaken even if your using upnp will not running a Myth FE the
> recording needs to be transcoded, correct?

 A Mythfrontend doesn't require a recording to be transcoded. Not sure I understand what you mean here.

> I just checked the wiki and I didn't see anything on UPNP with the xbox 360,
> can you elaborate a little more on this?

 I just haven't filled in the wiki sections related to the 360. I hope
to add something before 0.21 comes out, but basically the 360 will play anything you have in your mythvideo directories assuming it's avi/xvid/divx or some wmv files.

 So you could always create your own "recordings" directory under there and transcode stuff on your own and place it there.

> I'm guessing that the xbox is currently using upnp to connect to the Windows
> PC running MCE how do I tell it to look at the MythVideo path instead?

 you would tell the xbox to look at the mythbox, not the specific path.

but you should run mythvideo at least once on the backend to set the file path
to the videos (unless it's a combo backend/frontend and you already have it set).