[mythtv-users] Wierd issue trying to watch recording made with 0.20.2 on 0.21 trunk

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 06:03:12 UTC 2008

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> says:
> optimize_mythdb.pl doesn't scan each recordings to update the jump
> table.  Moving from 0.20 to 0.21 means that your recording somehow
> aren't 100% compatible, you can't fast forward or skip a few seconds
> forward. It will even crash mythfrontend when you try to do so.

I am not aware of such an issue. Having made the move just today, I
just did a quick test with an MPEG-2 recording made last week, an
MPEG-2 recording made two years ago, and an MPEG-4 (transcoded from
MPEG-2) recording made two years ago. Result: No problems with the
seek table.

Your seektables almost certainly got damaged some other way, such as
an unclear shutdown of the box that the mythconverg database resides
on
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/254384#254384>).

If there were a bug that caused all (or even some) pre-0.21
recordings' seektables to be always incompatible with 0.21, surely
someone would have reported it by now.

<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/294637#294637>)

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array