[mythtv-users] Shaw HD Digital Cable - Edmonton and Area

Martin Lynch martin.lynch at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 10 21:23:57 UTC 2008

>> > I'm encouraged by the responses.  Anyone in Vancouver able to confirm
>> > similar results?
>> >

> I'd like to know if any Vancouverites have had success too; before I
> take the plunge.

I've been using mythtv via firewire with a Motorola DCT-6200 in
Vancouver on Shaw for nearly a year now, including HD, and it works fine
for me. Use SVN for best results.

One thing to be aware of: I posted a thread about a month & a half ago
about Shaw all of a sudden encrypting all the digital channels and most
of the HD channels - you can look it up on gossamer threads. After I
complained to the CRTC, Industry Canada, etc. etc. etc. they dropped the
encryption a week later and since then I get all the HD channels
perfectly (and all the digital ones except a few of the US
"Superstations"). Note I'm talking about channels I subscribe to. I
bring this up merely to warn you this could happen again...

Good luck!

ML