[mythtv-users] Black Bars in Mythtv

K Madman k7_madman85 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 01:18:56 UTC 2008

Hello,

I recorded a show and saw on the left and right sides
there are black bars in the actual recordings. I thought at first it
was a problem with my pvr-150.  Now I just put together a completely
different mythtv box with a brand new pvr-150 and when it records it
also has black lines on the side.  The black lines are not from aspect
ratio.  On my old box everything was ok until I ran an update for
mythtv.  What causes them and how do I get rid of them?  Please help.

This is a snap shot from mythweb where you can clearly see the black
bar on the left side of the recording. (little black bar on the right
also)

http://www.geocities.com/k7_madman85/SAMPLE.jpg