[mythtv-users] Can two front connected to the same backed play liveTV

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sat Feb 9 00:47:08 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 11:53:08PM +0000, Husam Senussi wrote:
> Would be possible to have two frontend connected to the same backend
> playing LiveTV,

With the official release version, no, unless you have more than one
tuner on the backend.  If you only have one tuner, then all the second
frontend can do is watch a recording.

As I understand it, the development version, which you can get using
subversion, does allow multiple connections to the same tuner as long as
each connection is looking at a different channel on the same multiplex.

--
Bruce

I see a mouse.  Where?  There, on the stair.  And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill.  -- Harry Hill