[mythtv-users] Suse Slave Startup issue

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Fri Feb 8 14:59:47 UTC 2008

I also have a MythTV with a SUSE (10.2) Slave backend.

I did not have problems with the startup like you, but I did have a couple of other problems that I should mention.

If you just install the myhthbackend, then you might be missing the mythcommflag, and transcoder. For some reason, they are not built into the backend, but I think they are in the fronend package.

When I first installed my slave backend, mythcommflag and transcoder failed to run because they were missing.

This should probably be fixed. How?

Kevin