[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Fri Feb 8 08:18:24 UTC 2008

>sounds great for another HD-capable mythfrontend. Heck, even an
>SD-only front end might be fine for the bedroom to replace my aging
>ReplayTV.

Myth on the AppleTV OS or Myth under Linux is 100 percent capable of
SD content (480i/p) and HD content of 720p. As long as xvmc is not
used, it never has problems. 720p is about 65 percent cpu.

There's been some work with an app launcher that can launch myth
under the AppleTV menu structure. Also a new upnp client too. See
http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Main_Page

S.