[mythtv-users] OT Superbowl and Direct TV, 2 separate items.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 04:29:26 UTC 2008

> Second, i keep seeing really good prices for DirectTV.  Like $20 less than
> TWC for same content i get with TWC.
For digital direcTV it is significantly cheaper (and more reliable - I
have had both services) than what I would pay for digital with comcast
as well. You do not get ondemand. I could live without it for the
$30/month savings.

> However, am I correct in assuming i
> would need a box for each input on my MythTV box if I wanted to use all 4
> recording spots I have?

Yes. And each box will cost around $5/month extra even if you own the
box. But I guess if I had digital cable that would be the same cost to
rent the cable boxes from comcast.

John