[mythtv-users] Browse view mysteriously reads contents of home directory

Alain M. Gaudrault Alain at Gaudrault.net
Fri Feb 8 01:05:47 UTC 2008

I bought a Dragon from Stormlogic/mythic.tv, and have run into a problem
that the fine support people there attribute to a possible bug with
MythVideo under 0.20.2.

For reasons unknown, when I switch to Browse view, I not only see the
videos contained in /myth/video, I also see all of the folders and files
in the home directory (/home/mythtv), whether they're videos or not. Any
changes to the contents of the home directory is reflected in MythVideo.
This makes the Browse view completely unusable for me.

Another symptom, which I believe is related, is that when I'm in the
default view (Gallery?), the first thing I see is two folders, one
labelled "videos", which contains my videos, and another which is
unlabelled and contains all the files and folders in the home directory
(/home/mythtv). As I understand, I should not see either of these
folders, and indeed, there is no folder named "videos" in the file
system under /myth/video.

The Stormlogic people have never run into these issues before, and I
can't understand what I might have done to cause this to happen, but
obviously, something is amiss.

I've verified in Utilities/Setup / Media Settings / Videos that the
directory containing videos is indeed /myth/video. I've also looked
carefully in /myth/video to see whether there is a symlink to
/home/mythtv, but all I see is:

drwxr-xr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 Jan 14 23:36 .covers lrwxrwxrwx 1 mythtv
mythtv 18 Jan 14 23:25 adultes -> /mnt/video_adultes drwxr-xr-x 2 mythtv
mythtv 4096 Dec 23 00:25 archive lrwxrwxrwx 1 mythtv mythtv 18 Jan 14
23:25 enfants -> /mnt/video_enfants drwxrwxr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 Dec
23 00:25 motion

(the symlinks are to network mounted drives containing my videos)

Any clue as to what might be happening?

Thanks, Alain,