[mythtv-users] HDMI-to-CAT5 Converter

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 7 21:38:56 UTC 2008

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Feb 6, 2008 4:53 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> Ad they wonder what's wrong with American industry...
>>

> You should still feel lucky, cause you can do it yourself.
>
> In Australia it is illegal to perform any data or phone cabling in
> your house. It must be done by an accredited technician.
>
> To put a central ADSL filter is a AUD $200 minimum job !

An exactly how hard is it to become an 'accredited technician'? Around
my place, it is not exactly too hard to become a licenced electrician if
you have as your teacher an already licenced electrician.

And at least here, anyone can *do* the job, so long as it is inspected
by a licenced electrician... so I only used him to do the the 200 amp
work, and the new panel. He only inspected the rest..

Geoff