[mythtv-users] HD plays fine, SD jerky video and sound?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:05:36 UTC 2008

On 2/7/08, Mark Hutchinson <mark at onnow.net> wrote:

> Live tv from mythfrontend, HD channels are fine, SD channels are very
> jerky with stuttering sound.
>
> I have tried many many things.  Ideas on how to diagnose this?  No
> really anything in the frontend or backend logs.
> How can SD be harder or more intensive to play than HD?

This might be way off, but if there's no Xv, Myth will need to do
software scaling, right? Could it be that it takes more effort to
scale the SD resolution (which would be something like 720x480) up to
1920x1080 than to (decode HD + scale to 1080) ?

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent