[mythtv-users] How does (should) mythtv match repeats?

Chris Simmons chris at greenplace.f2s.com
Thu Feb 7 18:12:28 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that myth has sometimes been recording repreats of
shows.  I use UK EIT information for my scheduling data.  I'm running
atrpms 0.20.2-172.fc8.

To take an example, I've set up myth to record "Torchwood" any time on
BBC2.  But it recorded a showing on Wednesday, with description

"Rhys discovers the truth about Torchwood and becomes part of the team
as they investigate a mysterious alien meat supply. Some strong
language. 4/13."

and now it wants to record a showing thats obviously (to a human) a repeat:-

"Rhys discovers the truth about Torchwood and becomes part of the team
as they investigate a mysterious alien meat supply. 4/13."

As you can see though the description isn't an exact match.  Presumably
myth decides shows are repeats only if the description is an exact
match?  I've also seen other minor differences in repeats like
corrections for typos, removing a comma etc and ended up having to
delete these recordings.

So my questions are

1) Does myth require an exact match?

2) Is this reasonable - wouldn't it be better if myth used approximate
text matching with some kind of threshold or something?

3) Is there anything like this on the way for the .21 release?

Cheers,

Chris Simmons.