[mythtv-users] Fedora Core 4 upgrade recomendations

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Thu Feb 7 14:59:08 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 12:24 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:

> 5. Upgrade to CentOS 5 (more or less Fedora Core 6), as has been
>   discussed several times here. Enjoy support through 2014.

It would be more like a fresh install on CentOS 5. As far as I know, there's
no "upgrade" path from Fedora to CentOS. I would also recommend this route.
Just do a mysqldump of your database from your FC 4 install and import that
into your MySQL install once you have CentOS up and running. I did a very
similar thing recently... I had been running 0.20.1 on FC4 w/a custom script
to download the data from Schedules Direct and modify the data so it looked
like what came from Zap2It. I got a new TV and no longer needed to use the
TV out of my PVR350 so I did a fresh install on "new" hardware that could
support HD (still no working HD tuner) using CentOS 5.1. If you enable the
atrpms testing repo, you can pretty much follow Jared's Fedora guide
step-by-step.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us