[mythtv-users] Root partition on MythTV machine filling up

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Thu Feb 7 03:59:48 UTC 2008

MythTV,

I have a machine dedicated to MythTV, using the Mythbuntu setup.

It's partitioned so that the /home directory is a separate partition,
and all video data is stored there. All recorded tv shows and any other
media I'm aware of.

Recently, when doing a system update, it failed because the root
partition was completely full.

I couldn't figure out where or why the root partition was filling up.
Nothing in the /tmp directory or anywhere else I could think to look.

But it must be MythTV related, because MythTV is the only thing it does,
24/7.

I've temporarily solved the problem by doubling the size of the root
partition.

But I worry that in the future I'm just going to see this happen again.

Any tips on what might be the cause of filling up the root partition?

Many thanks for any advice.

--
Dave M G