[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:39:26 UTC 2008

On Feb 6, 2008, at 6:29 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> When I pointed that out, I was then told that they really didn't know
> why things were the way they were, they couldn't get an answer from
> their superiors. At least I think that was an honest answer.
>
> I dropped it at that point, you have to choose your battles and
> that is
> not a ditch I am prepared to die in.
>
> beww

Yea, that sounds about right. Someone waaay up the ladder said no,
and nobody can question it, because there's so many levels of
management to get through that you'd lose your job long before
winning that fight. I doubt your buddies have any really control of
anything that goes in the boxes if they're technical... why would
people with engineering degrees need to decide how to build systems?
Gotta love corporate culture.