[mythtv-users] Modifying LCDProc GoodBye when shuttiong down?

Jonatan mythtv at comhem.se
Wed Feb 6 22:32:56 UTC 2008

j2 at mupp.net wrote:
>    I was thinking... It would be a nice feature to somehow set the
> GoodBye-property of LCDProc to "the next wakeup time" of the system (i
> am using the ACPI_Wakeup wiki-document).
>
> How would i go about doing that? The LCDProc.conf is only read on
> startup, correct?

I use something like this in the script that sets the wakeup time:

/etc/init.d/LCDd stop

# Input date format should be yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
DAY=`echo $2 | sed 's/T.*$//'`
TIME=`echo $2 | sed 's/.*T\(.*\):[0-9]*$/\1/'`
TIME_S=`echo $2 | sed 's/.*T//'`

echo -n " Next recording $DAY $TIME" > /dev/lcd0

echo $DAY $TIME_S > /proc/acpi/alarm

/Jonatan