[mythtv-users] mythweb thumbnail/streaming issue

brad dreisbach bradd at ameri.ca
Wed Feb 6 21:08:14 UTC 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 2:53 PM, brad dreisbach wrote:

> I am using SVN version 15624.
>
> I have 1 master backend and 1 slave backend/frontend with mythweb
> running on the master backend.
> I have seen similar issues in the mailing list archives but not this
> specific issue.
>
> So in mythweb when i go to the "Recorded Programs" tab, all of my
> recorded programs from
> both backends show up properly with thumbnails.  My issue is when I
> click on one of the programs
> recorded on the slave backend to bring up the "Program Detail" page.
> When I do this I get
> no thumbnail and a 0 byte file is created in the mythweb cache
> directory.  looking at the page
> source i see this:
>
> "flashvars",'file=http://master:80/mythweb/pl/stream/1161/1201539600.flv&still=192.168.1.178
> objects/Program.php, line 583:<br />file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.178:6544/Myth/GetPreviewImage?ChanId=1161&amp;StartTime=2008-01-28T12:00:00&amp;Height=260&amp;Width=320&amp;SecsIn=150
> ) [<a href='function.file-get-contents'>function.file-get-contents</
> a>]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not
> Found

I have been messing with modules/tv/includes/objects/Program.php and
applied this patch
which appears to fix my preview image issue:

          // Figure out which host holds the recording
              $urlparts = parse_url($fileurl);
-            $host     = _or($urlparts['host'],
$GLOBALS['Master_Host']);
+            // $host     = _or($urlparts['host'],
$GLOBALS['Master_Host']);
+            $host     = $this->hostname;
              $port     = _or($urlparts['port'],
$GLOBALS['Master_Port']);
          // Transfer the pixmap from the backend

I guess my question is, how is this supposed to work?  is mythweb
supposed
to contact the backend that holds the recording directly or is it
supposed to
contact the master backend who will then contact the slave backend?

The streaming/downloading stuff is still broken so  I know that
something is still missing.  i see 0 upnp activity on the slave
backend during
all of this as well.  Does the slave backend also need to be running
mythweb
for this to work properly.

thanks,
-b