[mythtv-users] LOG. System not capable of resolution

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:21:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 5:20 PM, Mark Hutchinson <mark at onnow.net> wrote:

> Mythfrontend log.
> ( if I switch to 1280x1024 monitor, I get the same )
> Any experts out there able to decipher what the issue might be?  CPU,
> Driver, card?
> CentOS 5.1, Nvidia 8600GT, nvidia latest friver from nvidia.com,
> latest SVN
> 1080P TV.
>
> Ideas?  I have tried many things and this not getting resolved.
> Thoughts on the cause?

I suspect that your nvidia driver is not being loaded.  In your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file - in the Device section it should say:
Driver         "nvidia"

If it says "nv" then you need to change it to nvidia and then restart
xserver.

If this is not the problem, then you need to take a look at your xorg log
file (usually stored at /var/log/Xorg.0.log) for clues.  Look for errors
which will be prefixed with "(EE)".

Good luck.

Tom