[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 6 17:11:56 UTC 2008

Steve Smith wrote:

> "Recording one program while watching another"?!?!?!
>
> JVC you'd better watch out, that VHS video idea you stole off Tivo using
> your time machine and then ported back 20
> years is coming to bite you!

Well that's really an oversimplification of what the case is about,
you'd have to read the patent app and the case to get a true picture.

Like a lot of us I was very happy to see TiVo using Linux, but having
seen them be so grudging about releasing source code, pushing OSS
towards GPL3 and basically contributing nothing back to the community I
have come to realize that not everything using Linux is a good thing.

Now, with this specious (to me at least) case, I see that they are
greedy capitalists like the rest of them.

beww