[mythtv-users] "Odometer" Threads

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Feb 6 16:49:34 UTC 2008

Mike Perkins wrote:

> Those of us not in the U.S. of A. might not care as much, of course. Since
> nobody actually stated a country on their entry, it might be less than trivial
> to work out exactly whom any alledged patents might apply to.

Good point, most countries will not grant patents on the obvious, or for
software at all.

But a large showing, might establish a prima facie case for "irreparable
harm", and lead to the granting of an injunction. It wouldn't be hard to
establish that a significant portion of the users were in the USA, even
if you couldn't identify precisely which ones.

Tivo might actually show a profit if they could squeeze a royalty from
every Myth user :-)

But as I said, it pains me that I have become so cynical and/or paranoid.

beww