[mythtv-users] Live TV tuners conflicting with schedule recordings too often

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Feb 6 03:02:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:11 -0500, Matt wrote:
>    I'm seeing more and more issues where I'm constantly being
> presented with the dialog that myth is going to record something in 30
> seconds, and asking me if I want to watch and record, record and go
> back to main menu, or don't record.
>
> However - it's ridiculous that it's even asking me.  Why?  Because
> I've got enough tuners.

0.20-fixes:
 Setup->TV Settings->General->
 "Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows"

In trunk you probably want this new option just below it:
 "Allow live TV to move scheduled shows"

The first option just uses the last available recorder for live tv,
rather than the first. Since scheduled recordings start with the
first recorder this avoids a lot of conflicts.

The second option allows the scheduler to move recordings scheduled
for one recorder to another "equivalent" one if LiveTV is using the
recorder it intended to use. If the scheduler can't find a replacement
recorder it will still ask you what to do. The popup will also tell
you now, if the scheduled recording[s] could be made at a later time.+

 + This is a simplified explanation, it's a bit more complicated when
   you take input groups into account. Suffice it to say, if you use
   LiveTV for purposes other than just testing, you probably want this
   feature enabled.

-- Daniel