[mythtv-users] Burn recordings without commercials?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Feb 6 00:27:40 UTC 2008

Ron Garrison <ron.garrison at gmail.com> says:
> I've programmed my remote control (MX-700) to make it really easy to
> load the skip list into the cut list then edit the cut list.  I can
> tweak the cuts for a 1 hour show in about 5 minutes or less.

I use an MX-600 (and MX-500 before then; I wanted the radio). With
some common-sense keybinding assignments, the |<- and ->| buttons
serve as LOADCOMMSKIP and CLEARMAP, respectively, within Editing
mode. In playback, they serve as SKIPCOMMBACK and SKIPCOMMERCIAL.
Elsewhere, they act as PREVVIEW and NEXTVIEW.

Since you don't have the |<- and ->| buttons, I presume you use two of
the LCD buttons instead?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Slave backend:		Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6