[mythtv-users] Shows not recording - how can I delete DB entries manually?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 5 18:40:41 UTC 2008

<fixed top posting--hint, hint ;) >

On 02/05/2008 01:10 PM, georgemason wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 02/05/2008 06:19 AM, georgemason wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for that Mike. Unfortunately when I try to delete them from the
>>> UI,
>>> they appear to have been deleted, but on reboot they reappear. This makes
>>> me
>>> think that I will need to do something more to remove them from the DB.
>>>
>> Are you using SVN trunk?  Do you have your machine set up to delete
>> files to the Deleted recgroup?  ("Auto Expire Instead of Delete
>> Recording")  If so, we may be missing a little check in that code.
> You'll have to excuse me but I don't know what that means, could you explain
> in slightly more myth-noob friendly language? Sorry!

I was wondering where you got your MythTV and whether you're using the
"bleeding edge" development version or the stable 0.20-fixes branch.
Basically, you can just post the output of:

mythbackend --version

(Oh, and in case you were wondering, unless you're doing your MythTV
homework keeping up with -dev and -commits lists, you /should/ be using
0.20-fixes, not SVN trunk.)

Mike