[mythtv-users] HDMI-to-CAT5 Converter

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 5 15:45:48 UTC 2008

> On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:11 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>>

>>>    This is one reason that when given the chance I opted for some
>>> relatively unwieldy structured cabling. I figured that there was
>>> "strength in numbers". I saw what the electricians were doing with
>>> the cat5 they were running for phones. I thought that perhaps 5
>>> cables
>>> bound together would be a bit harder for them to manhandle.
>>
>> If you are paying for data cable installation you can demand testing
>> after installation.

    Well, I was dealing with a general that didn't even know that
the builder he works for installs this sort of stuff and even has
cute little demos in their design center. It fun enough just to get
builders to put in the basic stuff right. Nevermind anything too
terribly technical.

    Then the subs go off and do something that's way out of spec
just because they feel like it...

     You need you own general just to keep everyone in line.