[mythtv-users] Cannot enter password for recording group

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:45:40 UTC 2008

Hi,

I don't recall seeing this mentioned before, and a quick search of my
archives don't find an obvious match. My apologies for not doing a
more thorough search if this is a known issue, but my internet access
at work is quite limited, and I rarely have time after work.

Recently I tried adding a password to some of my Recording Groups.
Mainly I was just trying out the feature since I'd never really played
with it before.

I was able to successfully add a password to the group. When I then
select that group to display only those recordings in Watch Recordings
I am prompted to enter the password. So far so good... but then I
don't seem to be able to get past that point. That is, I can type in
the password but cannot press Enter. The OK button on my remote is
mapped to Enter, and I even tried plugging in a keyboard and pressing
Enter on that. No luck. (And yes, I did verify the keyboard was
working by also typing the password on it :) )

My only option was to Escape back and pick a different group. And then
remove the password from the database. ;-)

Have I just configured something incorrectly?

Not sure if it matters, but I'm running SVN from some point on
Saturday (sorry, I don't know the revision off-hand), although I was
playing with the passwords before that, using SVN from about a month
or two ago.

In case my terminology is wrong, let me know and I can go back and
verify the exact wording for what I was trying to do...

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent