[mythtv-users] Australian Community-based TV Guide new API

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 5 11:04:31 UTC 2008

I do - it didnt work very well for me, eventually losing whole channels
as well as being quite inaccurate at times.  It was also wasnt the
easiest thing to get working.  Emails to the shepperd list about missing
channels went unanswered, so I went back to minnie and have no desire to
shepperds not for everyone!

BillK

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 21:29 +1100, Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 2/5/08, Justin Smith <justin at smithpolglase.com> wrote:
> > The following description was found for a program in the TV guide:
> >
> >  "The xmlguide.pl service will be discontinued on March 31, 2008. Please
> >  ask the author of your XML data grabber to update it to use the new API.
> >  Details can be found at http://minnie.tuhs.org/xmltv/api.html"
> >
> >  Does anyone know if a new grabber is available? Or if the new API is XML
> >  TV compatible?
>
> If you use shepherd it will auto-update when the time comes.  I don't
> see why anyone in australia would use anything else to be honest.
Home in Perth!