[mythtv-users] Video problem

Marc Chamberlin marc at marcchamberlin.com
Tue Feb 5 06:46:56 UTC 2008

I am running MythTV using an Hauppauge PVR350 card, ATI Radeon x1900
video card, and a Westinghouse LVM42 monitor. The monitor runs at 1920 x
1080 interlaced with a 30hz refresh rate. The video is experiencing some
sort of a interference problem that causes horizontal line and bars of
various widths to flash on the screen while watching a tv program. These
lines and bars occur at random places, with random colors and patterns
within them. The rate is around 2 or 3 a second and single or multiple
bars will appear at the same time. The video is watchable but this
flashing is rather annoying and detracts from the image quality. This
does not occur except while watching tv or dvds.

Anyone got any ideas on what may be causing this and or how I can go
about diagnosing the problem to find a solution?

   Thanks in advance...   Marc Chamberlin  newbie MythTV convert...