[mythtv-users] mythvideo & h264

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Feb 5 05:18:23 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 9:11 PM, Andreas wrote:

> Hallo everyone,
> when I try to play videos with the h264 codec in mythvideo with the
> internal
> player, I get video, but no sound. I tried to encode with mp2, mp3,
> aac &
> ac3, all to no avail. Has anyone else come across this problem and
> maybe
> knows what to do about it?

Are you using ATrpms packages? I have this same problem, but I haven't
looked into it other than to check my frontend logs which tells me the
AAC codec is not available. I assume it's simply not compiled in those
packages but again... I never put any effort into looking deeper or
alerting anyone about it since I was only playing something to see if
I could.