[mythtv-users] Myth recording zero-file size mpg's

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 5 01:13:14 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

This is a weird one.  I noticed that sometime in mid January, all scheduled recordings have a file size of zero.

I am outputting X on my capture card to my TV.
Watching TV is fine.  Pressing record to record a program while watching it is also fine.

If I schedule a recording, no matter if its in the future, or currently playing, I get a zero file size video recording.

I am running FC6 x86_64, Hauppage PVR 350, and ivtv 1.0.3 on the second last kernel that was issued by Fedora (the last one didn't have kmdl support by atrpms, so I didn't upgrade to it).

I have not updated anything since December, and have not fiddled with any files since about the same time.  The only settings I have adjusted are the recording profiles, but I have since rest them, but there is no improvement.

Simply re-booting does not fix the issue.

I tried running myth from a terminal outputting all messages to file, and got a 1MB file with tonnes of text.  I don't even know what to look for in the file to diagnose the issue.

I can email the file to you on request, but it is just too big to post to the list without permission.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks in advance.

Beny
"If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the precipitate."