[mythtv-users] Advice needed on setting up DVB-S in SW London, UK

Shaggy B shagbag.mythtv at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:34:45 UTC 2008

I near Battersea, sout-west London and my closest TV transmitter is Crystal
Palace.  However, my DVB-T signal is 'average' in the sense that it drops
frames occasionally and quite often (about 3 times a week) by Freeview box
jams up requiring a cold restart.

I've heard about receiving Freeview channels over DVB-S and I'd like to try
and set this up.  However, I've never done it before so I'm seeking some
advice.  There is an existing but unused SkyTV satellite dish on the roof of
my building.  It has no 'LNB' - if that means anything.  To get DVB-S
working do I only need the following:

1 x LNB
Coaxial cable + 2 plug headers
Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-S-Plus PCI card

Or do I need some additional components?

Kind regards