[mythtv-users] Signal strength, DVB-T

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sun Feb 3 22:16:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 12:55:13PM -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
> If the signal strength you're referring to in mythtv is the one that
> momentarily appears in the OSD when you change channels, I think that
> (at least in 0.20.2 with my HD-5500 cards) there might be some sort of
> timing issue with the way mythtv reads that strength.  Mine sometimes
> even shows zero.  However, if I actually display the strength by
> either using the F7 key in mythtv or using a separate program (I use
> femon a lot) it'll be anywhere from 60 to 95.

I see the same signal strength figures when changing to a channel, when
pressing F7 or when using tzap.  All of these tell me that I am seeing
signal strengths of 28 to 35% and yet the picture is clear and it's all
working.  I think that might be an issue with the driver or firmware.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.