[mythtv-users] XM Radio, anyone?

David Frascone frasconebulk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:19:19 UTC 2008

I've got several "works in progress" that I'd like to clean up and submit.
So, I thought I'd judge interest and see if I need to waste my time.

First on the line is XM Radio.  I leveraged the work of some other people
(too lazy to look it up now, but it's on the wiki), and got XM working
nicely.  But, I added a few things that some people would probably like:

1) The XM as proposed just let you add your "favorite" channels.  So, I
wrote a script to scrape the listings from xmradio.com, group them by genre,
and use a canned list of "favorites" and build nice xml menus.

2) I always insert XM into my front ends by hand, but I could easily script
something to insert it into the main menu -- or is there a better way?

That's about it -- the wiki installation did all of the heavy lifting.

So -- if you're interested in any of this, please let me know, and I'll
package up a patch.

-Dave