[mythtv-users] Audio or Video, not Both

Reid Anderson reidsanderson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 17:37:31 UTC 2008

I'm using a ShuttlePC with an Intel G33 chipset that has HDMI and SPDIF
capabilities.  However, I'm having an issue with audio at the moment.  My
HDMI cable runs to my shiny new Sony 32" LCD HDTV (Bravia S-Series) but when
I have that plugged in to the Shuttle, I get only video, no audio.  I can
also use the standard headphone jack to connect to the RCA L/R on the TV,
but still I get only video when the HDMI cable is plugged in and when I
unplug the HDMI cable I get just audio (thanks to the headphone-RCA wire).
 Meanwhile, I get absolutely nothing over my SPDIF Digital Optical (which
runs to my Sony DAV-IS10 Home Theater System) no matter how I set things up.

Ideally, I would have all audio from the ShuttlePC MythTV going to the Sony
Home Theater over the SPDIF Optical and video being carried over HDMI to the
Sony TV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
     Reid Anderson