[mythtv-users] Audio buffer overflow when FFWD ... did something change in the latest SVN versions?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:28:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am getting sound problems when fast forwarding in a recording. Sound
is stuttering or playing just normal while I ffwd in the recording
with 3x, 5x or 10x speed.

 I started seeing these problems maybe two weeks ago, but I did not
have enough time to investigate more. I am using latest patch from
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1104 and I thought that this might
be a reason. But it is not (I tested today without the patch).

Mythfrontend takes around 20% of the CPU when watching a recording
without the patch and around 40% when running with the patch, even
when I use ALSA:default.

I do not remember that sound was even played before (2-3 weeks ago)
when I was ffwd/bwd  in the recording. The picture is also stuttering
partly during ffwd/bwd probably because of these sounds problems.

Did I maybe miss an option in the configuration to disable playing
sound while fast forwarding? What is the point of playing sound during
fast forward?

Thanks