[mythtv-users] Signal strength, DVB-T

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Fri Feb 1 16:47:12 UTC 2008

MythTV typically reports a 30% to 35% signal strength - sometimes as low
as 26% for Mux C - on the DVB-T channels I get (Nova-TD, external
aerial, Crystal Palace transmitter.) This doesn't seem to be a problem
for the picture quality but is it very low? Should I be buying a signal
amplifier?

--
Bruce

I see a mouse. Where? There, on the stair. And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill. -- Harry Hill

Don't worry, if picture is ok.
I have three DVB-T cards in my backend (Technotrend 1500, Technotrend
1300 and Hauppage Nova)
One reports 86%, other 55% and third 25% as signal strenght to same channel.
All cards are connected to same aerial
No problems with any card.
So I think, that there is major differences how cards report signal
strength.

-Kane