[mythtv-users] backed seems to die regularly but nothing in log

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 16:55:16 UTC 2008

2008/12/30 Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>:
> On Dec 30, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Ben Edwards wrote:
>
>> I seem to be loosing my backed process at least every 24 hours.  If I
>> look in  mythbackend.log there does not seem to be any errors (last
>> line is normally something like 'Scheduled 192 items in 1.2 = 0.14
>> match + 1.03 place').  I am using the myth packages from Ubuntu
>> Intrepid Ibex.  The box was originally built some years ago on Ubuntu
>> (cant remember which version) and has had the mythbuntu package
>> installed recently.  This problem seems to of happened since I had to
>> replace the motherboard/cpu/gpu/psu after motherboard/psu died.  Apart
>> from new hardware I am now using nfs.
>>
>> Are there any other log files I should look at?  Is there a way on
>> increasing the logging?  Any other ideas?
>
> mythbackend -v all

Thanks. Found this but it killed performance to the extent the box was
unusable (it is a 3GHz hyper-threaded Intel).  I have been playing
around with logging options.  I am getting the impression that some of
the logging options are expensive for other reasons than they write a
lot to the log file (i.e. there internals kill performance).  Any
pointers on the ones to be avoided world be good.

Regards,
Beb