[mythtv-users] Does MythTV support HD video and media libraries

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Dec 31 01:32:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 01:11:17PM -0700, Travis Tabbal wrote:
> Libraries are supported. MythVideo and MythMusic handle that. I use a
> fileserver with NFS mounts. Works great. I just set it to show me the file
> tree, I don't really use the fancy database stuff it supports. I don't do
> music from Myth yet, but I've seen the options and such in there.
>
> For ease of setup, use Mythbuntu. It's a streamlined Ubuntu install that has
> some nice tools to configure the system for you. So you don't have to worry

...I don't really get what this guy's problem is. Myth through debian
packages (debian or ubuntu) has been fairly straightforward and
automated. Getting the cards and guide sources sorted out is interesting
but no more than you would reasonably expect. The db part of it should
certainly be automagic enough. (as it was under Debian when I first tried)

[deletia]