[mythtv-users] OT: Web browsing on TV

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 15:14:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:23 AM, António Santos <ansantos at fe.up.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a bit off-topic, but I wonder if anyone here can give me a
> clue. Is there any browser (or a modified firefox browser) that is
> specifically suited for browsing on the TV (on a public environment)?
> I mean, it should have minimal options, a quick startup, support for
> most of the outstanding web technologies (Javascript, Flash, etc) and
> it must support zooming for a good 10-feet browsing experience.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio Santos

Well, Firefox can do most of what you want with some command line
options/plugins. I believe it has a Kiosk plugin[1] which should take
care of the "options". You can change the zoom level (I'm not sure
about a command line option for that though).

About the only thing it doesn't cover is "quick start-up"

Richard

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1659