[mythtv-users] MythArchive error - SVN 19490

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Dec 30 13:42:30 UTC 2008

A JM wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com
> <mailto:mythtv at sky.com>> wrote:
>

>     Try disabling the media monitor on the DVD drive you want to use.  It
>     could also be some other automounter trying to use the drive as well.
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mytharchive#MythArchive_fails_to_burn_the_DVD_with_the_error_.22IOError:_.5BErrno_5.5D_Input.2Foutput_error.22
>
>     Paul H.
>

> Thanks Paul.
>
> From the wiki:
>
> "You simply add it to the list of devices to ignore on the fourth page
> of general settings. Just unchecking the option to monitor devices
> doesn't seem to work."
>
> In order for me to add the device to the list I would have to "enable"
> CD/DVD Monitoring - that seems a bit oximoronic? Will it enable to
> disable?
>
> AJM,

IIRC turning the media monitor off just stops it from announcing status
changes it doesn't actually stop it monitoring. The only way to stop it
monitoring and locking your DVD drive is to add it to ignore list. You
can disable monitoring again after you've added it to the ignore list if
you don't want it.

Paul H.