[mythtv-users] database settings erased on frontend start

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Dec 30 11:57:22 UTC 2008

MailingListJ wrote:
>>>  So every time I start my front end it forgets my database settings
>>> and
>>> asks for them again.. its overwritten with ones from that autoconfig
>>> (one front end has separate mysql user/pass then the other ones.... )
>>> any ideas? I have set the .mysql file in mythtv home directory and
>>> everywhere I could find that file....
>>>

>> Make sure you turn on and use the custom identifier for frontend
>> preferences option.
>>
> Already on, I'm thinking that the problem is in whatever file on the
> front end itself stores the config and its auto searching before taking
> the local settings....
> any ideas?

When you start up the front end, it looks for config information in
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt and/or ~/.mythtv/config.xml. Sounds like you don't have the
correct permissions somehow, so whatever you enter isn't being written back to
disk. (i) Try editing either of these files by hand. (ii) Search your entire
disk for other copies of these files under the user(s) under which the mythtv
processes might run (usually mythtv), plus root. Make sure all these files say
the same thing.

--

Mike Perkins