[mythtv-users] Lifeview flydvb-t hybrid question

Miroslav Suchý miroslav at suchy.cz
Tue Dec 30 11:29:39 UTC 2008

Matteo Lanati napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I successfully installed the dvb board above mentioned (it was hard to
> find out the right firmware file), but it is not working properly.

Which kernel module you use and which parameters you use? I'm using this
one:
# cat /etc/modprobe.d/saa7134
options saa7134 i2c_scan=1 card=94 tuner=54

> Video is full of artifacts and audio too has problems. Using tzap I
> noticed that signal and snr values are quite stable and high (a0a0 and
> fefe, respectively), but ber is not so satisfasctory (14xx - 1dxx) and
> unstable. I'm using the antenna on the roof (not a portable one) and
> analog TV is ok.

I'm assuming you are speaking about dvb-t signal.

> Is it possible that this board has poor reception capability?

No, I use it with portable antenna and I have good signal. I only has
problem to get this card working with distribution kernel. When I
compile my own and included firmware it start working and I have no
problem since then.

Miroslav Suchy