[mythtv-users] Seemingly many unusable deinterlace methods.

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 29 20:50:35 UTC 2008

Mark Kendall wrote:
> To check whether your
> deinterlacer of choice is subsequently approved, you need to run with
> some extra logging (-v playback).

Thanks. That establishes the cause. Interlaced 2x (HW) deinterlacer
is failing because of the lack of support for fragment programs. I
assumed there was support partly because the xorg ati-driver wiki
claims support, and partly because I thought YUV to RGB conversion
was using fragment programs.

Actually, I'm really confused now. The logging is showing that
the system is falling back to software conversion, which is
at odds with the fact that I had to select opengl to get
smooth playback; with xv-blit I couldn't get the interlace
in sync.  All very strange.

Cheers,
	Paul.