[mythtv-users] Error encountered when LiveTV switches shows.

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Dec 29 18:23:48 UTC 2008

On Mon, December 29, 2008 10:13 am, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> I'm somehow seeing an old bug resurfaced on my system, or possibly a new
> one, more likely a configuration error :-).
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1153

> While watching LiveTV every time the show ends I get kicked out and get
> the message "Error encountered while displaying video" (or something to
> that affect).  It seems pretty consistent, the only time I've noticed
> that it doesn't happen is when another episode of the same show comes on
> next.

Does it coincide with a channel change, or does it happen even if the two
shows are on the same channel?

I ask because I may be hitting the same bug.  Occasionally when I change
channels in Live TV I get that error.  It only happens when I'm using the
card that's connected to my cable box.  I've been theorizing that it might
be caused by the sync disturbance when the cable box changes channels, but
that could be totally wrong.