[mythtv-users] Seemingly many unusable deinterlace methods.

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 29 12:19:15 UTC 2008

I'm using opengl rendering, and trying to select
the "Interlaced 2x (HW)" deinterlacer, but I get an
error:

Failed to approve 'opengldoubleratefieldorder' deinterlacer.

I had a quick look at the source to try and determine why, and
am now very confused. The VideoOutput class, defined in
videooutbase.h has an ApproveDeintFilter method that rules
out any opengl method and any doublerate method. That's not
surprising, but I can find only one class that overrides
the method, which is VideoOutputXv, and that just permits
the one extra method bobdeint. I was expecting to see
a VideoOutputOpengl class, but I can't find one.  Does anyone
know how this stuff works? Do I need a patch from one
of the branches?

Cheers,
	Paul.