[mythtv-users] mythfrontend hangs with "NVP::OpenFile(): Error, file not found: output.nuv"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Dec 28 19:50:20 UTC 2008

On 12/28/2008 02:44 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> Using different versions of frontend/backend is never supported, but
>> I've seen his error when a hostname changes and you don't tell myth
>> about it.
>>
> Well, they're different package versions, but mythfrontend --version
> gives the same protocol and library API version numbers for both.  Is
> there something else I should check?

Really, you're supposed to run the same SVN revision number (which would
mean that protocol and library versions /must/ be identical), so
/that's/ the one to report to prove that you have the same version.

And, yes, the expected DB schema version isn't reported by --version,
but that's something else that must be identical.

Assuming, though, that those are the most current packages in the repo,
they should be the same SVN revision.

Mike