[mythtv-users] Can I bind a keypress to a specific action in "watch recordings"?

ub40dd ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 28 15:58:43 UTC 2008

Alternatively, is there a way of selecting a bunch of 50 files and then
>> saying "do this action on all of them"?
>>

> I haven't actually tried this, but I've read on this list that you can add
> a bunch of recordings to a playlist, and then do a bulk transcode on the
> playlist.

Sounds like a good tip, thanks---provided that adding each recording to the
playlist isn't as laborious in terms of submenu selection as actually
invoking the transcoding job!

Would it be possible to populate the playlist with an sql query? I can
easily produce a table of the recordings I want to transcode---it's simply
the ones for which a cutlist is defined! I'd just do something along the
lines of

select title, subtitle, basename from recorded where cutlist = 1 ;