[mythtv-users] BBC Timing issues

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Sat Dec 27 00:37:29 UTC 2008

ub40dd wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Stephen Bridges
> <widget at stdin.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> Is BBC getting later, or is it just me?
>>

> Yeah, I always put 5 mins guard time on either side and today, despite
> that,
> I still lost the end of Wallace and Gromit. I was quite surprised. I guess
> I'll have to start putting 10 mins after the show instead of 5, until they
> notice they're out of sync with their own schedules.

Yeah, Wallace & Gromit started particularly late, about 6 minutes or so.
Luckily, I have 5 minutes hard padding, and 5 minutes soft padding by
default, and the soft padding was used on this occasion, so I got the
whole program. However if a following program had required the tuner, I
would probably have missed the end as well.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts